This policy applies to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information by Damien Greer Lawyers including personal information collected via our website.
Personal information refers to information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. The nature of the information collected is dependent upon the nature of our dealings with you.
The type of information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to:
• Your name and contact details including your address (physical and/or postal), email address and telephone number;
• Your date of birth and proof of your date of birth, eg driver’s licence, passport, etc;
• Your income and financial information including, but not limited to, your bank account details and assets, liabilities and superannuation details.
• Any other financial information including, but not limited to, your tax file number, income tax returns, financial and bank statements, child support details and valuation reports;
• Information relating to entities you may be associated with and personal information relating to other people which may be relevant to your matter.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information and includes information or opinion about sensitive issues such as an individual’s ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal record and health information. The type of sensitive information we collect from you or record about you is dependent on the services provided by Damien Greer Lawyers and will be limited to the purpose(s) for which it is collected. Sensitive information will only be collected with your consent.
Purpose for collection and disclosing of Personal Information
We will generally collect personal information directly from you, for example, when we meet with you in person and when you send us correspondence such as emails or letters. We will only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary or directly related to our professional services or business related purposes.
Damien Greer Lawyers collects, holds and uses personal information for a number of purposes including:
• Providing professional services;
• Responding to requests or queries;
• Keeping our clients and other contacts informed of our services, industry developments and events;
• Administrative purposes;
• Recruitment purposes;
• Seeking your feedback; and
• Any other business related purposes.
If you do not provide us with personal information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which the information was to be collected, including providing the services we were engaged to perform.
As part of our engagement as family lawyers we may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties including:
• Experts and other third parties contracted as part of an engagement;
• Our service providers;
• Government and regulatory bodies as agencies, as part of an engagement or otherwise.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material to you.
Damien Greer Lawyers holds personal information in both electronic and hard copy formats. We take precautions to ensure the security and confidentially of personal information we hold. We review these security measures from time to time, as required.
In the course of providing legal services we may collect and hold credit information. You may access any credit information that we hold about you, seek correction of this information or enquire about how we have used your credit information.
You expressly consent to us using your personal information, including your email address, to provide you with information and to advise you of our services or events or any other direct marketing activity which we consider may be of interest to you.
If at any time you do not wish to receive any further direct marketing communications from us, you may request not to be sent any further information about services we offer. You may do this at any time by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in the email or by contacting us.
Should you not wish to accept cookies or wish to delete existing cookies, you may configure your browser to reject cookies or manually delete existing cookies from your hard drive.
Links to Third Party Websites
Should you have any complains about our handling of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or telephone 07 3837 5500. Please outline the nature of your complaint and we will investigate and resolve the complaint as soon as practical.
Damien Greer Lawyers
Level 40, Riverside Centre
123 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Telephone: 07 3837 5500