Damien Greer has been consulting in the field of International Family Law for more than 30 years advising clients in some of the earliest reported cases testing the application of The Family Law (Child Abduction Convention) Regulations 1986 in Australia. He has participated in numerous multi-jurisdictional disputes advising on complex financial settlements, pre-nuptial agreements and complicated children’s matters.
Damien has also been appointed expert witness to the High Court Family Division in the United Kingdom and in the United States with respect to the application of Australian Family Law.
In 1996 Damien was invited to become a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL), a peer acknowledgement of his expertise in Family Law. Damien regularly attends IAML conferences and has presented to the Academy on multiple occasions.
Through close relationships developed with fellow Academy members, we work in close conjunction with family law experts in the United Kingdom, Europe, The Americas and Asia Pacific addressing:
- Separation and divorce
- Forum disputes
- International relocation
- International child abduction law
- Hague Convention return applications
- Overseas property law
- Prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Spousal maintenance
- Child support, including registration, enforcement and variation of overseas maintenance liabilities
- Child support departure prohibition orders
- Overseas service of documents
- Registration and enforcement of overseas judgments
- Registration of overseas orders